What if the sidewall semi trailer suddenly fails to brake? Driver friends should learn more about common sense in this regard, and they can still save lives at critical moments.
Here are some small measures for the emergency response of semi-trailer failures prepared for driver friends. I hope it can help everyone.
There are many reasons for the failure of the cargo semi trailer brake, mainly the following three points:
1. Lack of necessary maintenance for the brake system, too much impurities in the brake master cylinder, tight seal, failure of the vacuum booster pump, excessively dirty brake oil or mixed use of several brake oils, air blockage occurs after heating, brake master cylinder or partial pump Leakage of oil, gas storage tank or pipeline connection.
2. The brake pads will rub against the brake discs for a long time, and the temperature of the brake pads will become very high, which will increase the wear of the brake pads and reduce the friction coefficient. As a result, the braking efficiency is reduced, and the brake pads can be severely ablated, causing brake failure.
3. Another reason is severe overload. Under the effect of gravity acceleration, the vehicle’s motion inertia is increased, which will directly lead to brake failure. Therefore, in the driving practice, the owner should resolutely put an end to severe overloading behaviors to avoid traffic accidents caused by brake failure.
4 Axle sidewall trailer with airbag suspension
What should a semi-trailer driver do if the vehicle fails while braking?
1. Apply the rigid parts of the semi-trailer’s bumper and compartment to friction and collision with natural obstacles (rocks, trees or soil slopes) on the roadside, to achieve the purpose of forced parking and escape to minimize the accident losses.
2. Control the direction according to the road conditions and vehicle speed, and change the high-speed gear into the low-speed gear. In this way, there is a large traction resistance and the vehicle speed is rapidly reduced.
In addition, when changing the low gear, the handbrake should be used separately, but pay attention that the handbrake cannot be tightened or pulled too slowly. If it is pulled too tightly, it is easy to cause the brake disc to lock up, and it is likely to damage the transmission mechanism and lose the braking ability. If it is pulled too slowly, the brake disc will wear out and lose its braking effect.
3 Axle 60 Tons Bulk Cargo Semi Trailer
3. When the semi-trailer is going down a long slope or a steep slope, you should step on the brake regardless of the condition. Not only can you check the braking performance, but you can also get the time to control the speed when the brake fails.
4. If the semi-trailer fails to brake when it goes uphill, it should be reduced to the middle and low gears in time to leave enough power to drive uphill to stop. Should stick to the low gear, tighten the hand brake, and the crew members should use stones, blocks, etc. to block the wheels in time.
If there is a backslip, the tail of the car should be facing the hillside or the safe side, and turn on the headlights and emergency signals to draw attention of the front and rear vehicles.
5. When the downhill brake fails and the vehicle’s own mechanism cannot be used to control the speed, the driver should use decisive natural obstacles, such as rocks and trees on the road, to form resistance to the bulk cargo semi trailer.
If you can’t find suitable terrain and objects for a while, you can move one side of the body towards the mountain side in an emergency, and use friction to increase resistance and gradually reduce the vehicle speed.
If you want more information about our semi-trailer, please click “Side Wall Semi Trailer“.
And you can also look at other resources and products on our website.