1. Before the new lowbed semi trailer is used for the first time, we should check it according to the “instructions for use” and tighten all external bolts and nuts.
2. Within the first 300 kilometers of a new drop deck trailer, its components are in a running state. During this period, the weight of the trailer should not exceed 80% of the rated load, and it should not be driven on muddy roads.
3. After the new low loader trailer runs for 30-50 kilometers, check the wheels and suspension bearings for high heat or noise. If you find any abnormality, find out the cause in time and remove it.
4. After the new low bed trailer travels 300-500 kilometers, you should tighten all bolts and nuts.
In addition to observing the contents of the pre vehicle inspection, it must also perform the following maintenance.
1. For high pressure winding hoses in brake hoses, we must check it is subject to friction, pressure, etc.
2. For brake hoses, we must always check whether the rubber is aging, and immediately replace it when found.
In order to drive safely and extend the service life of low bed trailers, it is necessary to regularly replenish grease to each lubricating part. Pay attention to the following when replenishing grease:
1. Clean the refueling utensils and oil cups first.
2. When the oil cup cannot be filled with grease, the cause should be checked, and if it is damaged, it should be replaced.
4 axle 100 ton heavy duty low bed trailer testing
The following safety inspections must be performed every week or before each shipment (whichever occurs first):
1. Check the tire pressure and adjust it to the level recommended by the tire manufacturer;
2. Check the tightness of the tire screws;
3. Check whether there is air leakage in the braking system and test whether it can be braked;
4. Check the tightness of all nuts, screws, and bolts that are suspended;
5. Check the brake connection of the tractor and semi-trailer;
6. Drain the air cylinder and the air chamber equipped with air suspension;
7. Check all the lamps and lanterns;
8. Check and ensure that the outriggers are working properly;
9. Check the wear of the moving parts.
1. Check the tightness of all suspension components (according to the torque data provided)
2. Check whether there are any breaks in the leaf spring reeds;
3. Check all brake system joints and hoses for damage and hose clips are missing;
4. Check the proper operation of relay valves and other valves;
5. Check the wear of the sleeve of the tension rod;
6. Check the brake drum for cracks or abnormal wear;
7. Check whether the lubricating oil of the axle will leak;
8. Check all fasteners, focusing on the fasteners used for legs, tires, axles, etc. (in any case, nuts, screws and other fasteners should be tightened to the recommended torque parameters);
9. Check the wear of the pull pin;
10. Check whether the brakes are normal;
11. Lubricate the outriggers and the traction plate / traction pin;
12. Check whether there is any open glue at the joints of the side wall panels, door panels and roof panels;
13. Replace worn parts with manufactured or approved parts.
TITAN lowbed semi trailer axles and tires
After the vehicle has been in use for 6 months, a comprehensive inspection is performed every 12 months to ensure the performance of the vehicle (including maintenance at the 6th month). The inspection scope is the same as the monthly inspection mentioned above, with the following additional provisions:
1. Remove the brake drum and thoroughly check that the brake shoes have no additional or improper wear;
2. Check the brake shoe return spring, brake bushing, camshaft sleeve, brake shoe drum, etc. for damage;
3. Check the bearing and axle connecting parts;
4. Thoroughly inspect the structure of the vehicle and report it immediately if there is a problem;
5. Replace all worn or damaged parts with replacement parts recommended by TITAN Vehicle.
If you want more information about our semi-trailer, please click “Lowbed Semi Trailer“.
And you can also look at other resources and products on our website.